Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Tail Wagging Recipe: Chicken Casserole w/ Veggies

Good day everyone!

From time to time, I cook for my furry child. You know how sometimes dogs get tired of eating the same dry (dog) food again and again.... right? So to remedy this tiny issue, I came up with the 'ingenious' idea to cook for her. I bought the cookbook, 'Cooking the Three Dog Bakery Way"and it has become a staple in my kitchen since (to all dog moms out there, get a copy!). Boy isn't Irish lucky to have me? :)

This is the Cluck! Cluck! Casserole recipe. Cute title huh? By the way, I made a few modifications to tailor to Irish's liking. Here's how I did it. Enjoy!


INGREDIENTS:
1/3 ground chicken
1 tablespoon canola oil
2 medium potatoes
2-3 baby carrots
1 cup homemade chicken stock or canned, low sodium chicken broth
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese


PROCEDURE:
1. Boil the potatoes and carrots until softened (Irish isn't fond of eating veggies so I gotta make 'em soft and thin so it's well incorporated in the dish). Otherwise skip this step.


2. Preheat the oven to 350F. Grease a small casserole dish with canola oil.

3. Cook the chicken in the oil in a saute pan over medium heat until lightly browned.


3. Drain the potatoes and carrots.

4. Slice 'em up!




















































5. Layer the potatoes in the casserole dish, then the potatoes. 



6. Pour the broth over the mixture.

7. Spread the chicken on top of the potatoes and carrots.





























8. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.




















































9. Bake uncovered for 30 minutes.



























Voila! It is done. Cool to room temperature before serving.



Mmmmmmmmm... 

And now meet the uber duber cute critic.


She didn't look up from the dish one bit. I guess that's a two paws up!


P.S.  Store covered in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.


Xo,

Christin

No comments:

Post a Comment