Wednesday, January 23, 2013

DOG FRIENDLY CERTIFIED: Road Tripping to Ilocos


NOTE: This trip was taken in 2008. All the same, the resort accommodates dogs of all shapes and sizes with a fee of 250/pet per night.


One of the things that I enjoy doing with Irish is going on trips (especially to cities and provinces she's never been). Of course it’s never a difficult decision to make because she’s so well behaved! And what, with those puppy dog eyes? How can I refuse?! So whenever I think of going somewhere within the country, I ALWAYS wonder and/or research if pets are allowed. It’s no easy feat and you know what I’m talking about if you are a pet parent-resident of the Philippines. A lot of the time, you have to look beyond the surface, and I mean pick up the phone and call the resort/restaurant of whichever you’re looking at to be sure. There have been a few instances when I’ve done happy dances after hearing those magic words, “Yes we do.” This was one of those times.

We embarked on a very long road trip to Ilocos Norte and headed straight for Kapuluan Vista Resort. 

all snuggled up on the way to Ilocos


There’s a rustic vibe to it that I just love. Plus the fact that we had the whole resort to ourselves was pretty amazing. We booked two rooms - one deluxe w/ loft and one deluxe w/o loft. In the deluxe w/ loft, the air-con had difficulty cooling the loft area which sucked. Either the room was too big or the air-con was too weak. But the deluxe w/o loft which my sister and her then-fiancĂ©e stayed at was lovely.

my sister and Irish right outside our room

filling our bellies before getting on with an adventure-filled day

of course, Irish needed to "investigate" the area :)


The food wasn’t great. I felt that it needed some spicing up. But who knows, it’s been, what, like 4 years since this experience. So I have high hopes that they made improvements as I really am planning to go back sometime in the future with Irish and her brood - excited!

The main beach popularly known as the Blue Lagoon is a mere 10-minute stroll from the resort. The trek to Kabigan Falls is only a short tricycle ride as well. AND… You guessed it! You can have your pet tag along with ya, which is a real treat. I would recommend that you bring your dog's towel for the trek as you will be passing by several streams before you reach the waterfalls. and if you're like me who lets her baby hike on her own four little paws if she wants to, then you absolutely need that towel. 

midway through our expedition to Kabigan Falls

a nice picture on the stream

gotta have a picture by the waterfalls

oh my little fur ball ! 

if you look hard enough, you'll spot Irish right beside me. tee-hee!

the lovely family

chilling with my dearie

"come on Irish, one more picture", said I


Overall, we had a fantabulous time. So if you're looking to road trip with your pet/s, Ilocos comes highly recommended. There are soooo many places to see. I am dead serious! And if I have successfully convinced you to go and you don't want the hassle of planning the trip by yourself, do coordinate with a friend of mine who owns a travel agency called Discover North specifically aimed at providing package tours to the North. I vouch for their credibility because the proprietor is from Ilocos and has always been passionate about showing the beauty that his province has to offer. So I'd say, he's quite the expert. 



do visit:



No comments:

Post a Comment