Monday, January 21, 2013

SPOTLIGHT: Dog walking and Olivia Palermo - what's the connection?

Dog walking is one of the important activities as a dog parent. A lot of the time, dogs see this as an opportunity to relieve themselves (also known as to tinkle, to pee pee, to take a dump, to poo poo, and many others). By following a regular schedule (at least 3 times a day: morning, afternoon, evening), they will begin to associate that this is the time to do their nasty business outside of your home,
which, I must say, is good for us right?! 

True, it may seem like a chore. But that's only in the beginning. Ok fine.. Every morning, it feels like a drag for me and that's only because I have such a hard time getting out of bed at that time of day. Although I do like the feeling of being up early, it's just the pulling-yourself-out-of-bed part I hate. It suuuuucks!! Anyone else have the same problem? 

So anyway, most of the time, it's a joy to walk Irish. To see her face light up as we proceed on our "journey" is more than enough for me to keep doing it. Plus, it turns out to be some sort of a spiritual walk for me - a time to give my mind a rest and let my senses take over. Don't even get me started on the health benefits! Really, there are ample reasons to start if you haven't. That's probably why dogs like it. Wise creatures, indeed!

walking may be fun, but it's also tiring


just stopped to smell the flowers


taking a break, I see


Now, this is where the ever so stylish Olivia Palermo comes in. I can only wish to look as chic when I walk my baby..





But no, there's no topping her. I've seen countless photos of Olivia walking her equally stylish canine, Mr. Butler (how cute is he?!?!). Merely knowing that she walks her own dog leads me to assume that she is a dog parent and not just a dog owner. It's always a pretty sight to see people walk their own dogs (and not just have their helpers do the task for them ALL THE TIME). Whose dogs are they again?

Equally bad is seeing people walk their own dogs who don't pick up their own dogs' waste especially in a populated, recreational vicinity. I remember one time when I was dining al fresco at Italianni's Eastwood. I was looking down the balcony with Irish and happened to see this girl walking by with her dog. The dog stopped in the middle of the hustle and bustle and relieved himself. I'm sure you can guess by now that this girl just kept walking as if nothing happened. I was on the verge of screaming my head off, "Pick up your dog's poop! You ****in' bitch!" Seriously! These type of people give the whole pet community a bad reputation. How completely insensitive! Ok... (deep breath).

Let's just end in a positive note and let me show you a few more photos of the stylish duo.





Cheers to walking our dogs in style, yeah? :D


Love,

Christin

No comments:

Post a Comment